It's official...I am off for 3 1/2 weeks! I can't believe I made it this far! I have to say that this break came at a time that I needed it. I need to change a few things that I am doing in my classroom to see if it will go smoother. I have been wanting to for a while, but haven't had time, so I am glad I have the time now (although it is hard to motivate myself to do so!). I could tell the last 2 1/2 days before we were off track, the kids were getting excited to go off too, so lets just say, we didn't get much done! :) We had a little "Ticket Day" Activity on Tuesday, where they got to "spend" their tickets on games, prizes, and treats. They LOVED it! I have awesome parents that came up with some fun games to play and then the kids wanted to do some show-n-teach where they chose something to "teach" to everyone else in the class. One girl did "how to make flubber" (don't ask...). It was something made out of water, glue and borax. Another kid did "how to make paper frogs". They both did a very good job and we all had a blast!
On Wednesday, it was short day since it was UEA weekend this weekend. It was also track change day, so I had to move out of my classroom and another 4th grade teacher moved into mine. All of my things went into storage in a 2nd grade classroom. Yes, everything but my desk is on wheels! It is crazy, I know, but I wouldn't trade it for the world because we get paid to move around and we get breaks in the middle of the year! It is really nice too, when a lot of people, including the principal, come and move all of your things for you! I bet I only moved 2 pieces of furniture from my room (and they weren't even heavy either). Anyway, I am happy to be on break, even if I am going to be working on things instead of relaxing! It is sick, I know, but what else have I got to do! :) Oh, and I am going to New York too, so I really won't be working then... Hopefully next time I will have some fun pictures to show of New York!
4 comments:
dang...this is sounding better and better. :) Maybe I should switch and come up where you are! Have fun on your break... I really wish I could join you! :)
I still think you need me as a chaperone!
You are going to have tons of fun Miss!! You are so cute! I miss you!!
I saw you on the Today Show!! You're way too cute girl!! Can't wait to see all the pics from NYC!! Bet you had a BLAST!!
Post a Comment