So, not much has been happening since I got home from Disney World so that's why I haven't been writing for a while. It has been a nice break though because I really have not been doing that much! Just sleeping in, going to the gym, unpacking, attempting to plan lessons, getting another cold :( and following my mother's orders....
Well, all of that changed today because I had to go set up my classroom to start teaching on Monday! I am happy to see my kids and be busy again, but I am NOT looking forward to all of the paperwork and planning! It is never ending stuff, but I guess that's what I signed up for, right? Gotta love my job!! Anyway, I am going to start a unit on rocks for science, so I have been studying up on them and collecting them. Thanks to some project that Scott did while in middle or high school, I have quite a nice collection of them. :) So we will have to see how that goes...
Well, that is pretty much all that is going on except for the fact that we made it into our new house and our old house is going to be demolished on Monday! Our neighbor's house just west of us went down in about 10 minutes this afternoon. It was sooo weird driving by and not having it there, knowing that ours is next! So, my parents are pretty sick about it and I am pretty sad. We aren't enjoying our new house as much as we should because of it, but maybe we can once our old house goes down... kinda weird. Anyway, my dad's new garage is coming along really well and will probably done in a couple of weeks.
That is about it for now. Hopefully, I will have something more exciting to say next time! :)
2 comments:
I'm so sorry you're having that aweful cold!!! you poor thing! I hope you are able to recover, and soon!
Hi Sweetie - sounds like the old house coming down is a 'downer' for everyone. I hope you all can snuggle into your new house and start making new memories!! Love you tons!! Have fun with the rock study. HUGS - Auntie Cari
Post a Comment