Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back to School!

Yes, it's that time again...kids dread it, teachers dread it, parents love it, it's BACK TO SCHOOL time! I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I have been preparing for a while, popping in and out of my classroom over the last 2 weeks, but I still feel like I have so much to do! I don't think it will ever end! As of right now, I have 30 students on my class list! SCARY! I am not excited about so many students... I was a little shocked today though, because I called the mom of one of my future students, because she had left me a message and she told me that her son was so excited to be in my class...apparently the word among all of the 3rd graders last year was that I was the nicest teacher in 4th grade, so a lot of kids wanted to be in my class! So, I guess I am pretty popular after just one year of teaching and I didn't know it! :) I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing though because I think that I am probably too nice and I would like to be known as the teacher who teaches the best! Judging from the scores from the end-of-year tests last year, I definitely would like to teach better! They weren't horrible, about average, but I want them to be ABOVE average...oh well...I can only do what I can do! I am just glad they let me come back and try it again!
Anyway, I am still working getting my classroom the way I want it, but I will take pictures and post them as soon as I can! In the mean time, I will share some pictures of I took of Bear Lake when I went there last weekend with the YSA's from my stake. It definitely was a blast! We didn't really get to do a lot of boating because it was only 40 degrees, but we did have fun socializing and playing on the beach! We did get in the water later in the afternoon, but that only lasted about 30 minutes before we were all numb from the cold water! I just couldn't get over how blue that lake was either! It was gorgeous! These views are from the cabin we stayed in overnight...

4 comments:

Cari said...

Can't wait to hear all the fun stories from your young students. Sounds like they are looking forward to their new teacher. You will once again be the BEST!! xoxo Hugs

Cathy Lloyd said...

My daughter, the Legend!

korth fam said...

It still blows me away that you're a teacher! I would want miss Lloyd too! :) Best of luck on Monday!

Joan said...

Awesome pics of Bear Lake.
Can hardly believe that this will be your second year teaching. WOW
relax and enjoy.