Well, things are back to being crazy as usual! :) This week I spent Wednesday and Thursday at the school for 12 hours each day, doing Parent/Teacher Conferences! They were VERY long days, but all of them went pretty well though. I didn't have parents yelling at me like I feared...they were actually really supportive and if their kid was doing bad, they wanted to know how they could help improve the situation! I have such awesome parents of my students! I am really thankful for that...it makes my life easier to have that kind of support, because I really do want these kids to succeed and they will if I have help.
I am pretty excited for next week, not only because it is a short week, but we are doing a Pioneer Day on Tuesday! It is going to be filled with pioneer activities like making candles, tying quilts, making butter and soup, playing games, and making potatoe prints in the morning and then in the afternoon, they get to "pack their wagons" and go on a "trek" around the field outside! We are going to actually have them pull wheelbarrows or wagons with things in them and have situations in which they will have to get rid of items and have trials. We are then going to have them come in and eat some soup and bread with butter on it and go home! I did a pioneer day similar to this when I was student teaching, but I don't think it lasted the whole day, so it will be a blast! (hopefully!) I will have to take some pictures and share them...
2 comments:
You are so cute! Your ideas are darling and I'm sure your kids absolutely LOVE all you do with them. Aren't parent/teacher conferences the dread of the whole year? YUCK! :)
Oh Christy!! That sounds like so much fun. Your students will remember that forever. Be sure to post the pics. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Big Hugs - Auntie Cari
Post a Comment